GCBC News - December 6
Sunday, December 6, 2020
- Blog Post: "How to Gather This Lord's Day"
- New Member welcome this Sunday!
- Missions Giving Project of the Month: Joyce Owen
- Support Joseph Haller (new GCBC missions partner providing evengelism training to churches and reaching the lost in Utah through Mormon outreach): CLICK HERE TO PRAY & SUPPORT
- Support Kaitlyn Gregg (she'll be on a 6 month "Experience Mission" trip, supporting local churches in the Caribbean): CLICK HERE TO PRAY & SUPPORT
- Mid-Week Home Fellowship Groups, Men's Ministry, and Women's Studies: click the links above or, stop by the kiosk and pick up a flier with info at the kiosk on Sunday.
Order of Service
Call to Worship: Micah 5:2-5a & Isaiah 9:6-7
Come Thou, Long Expected Jesus
O, Come, O, Come Emmanuel
I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day
Texts: Colossians 3:11
Message: "Racism, Division, and Christ Sufficient As All in All" (Pastor Phil)
The Old Rugged Cross
New Members Welcome - Benediction & Commission
- Also for those who can come this week, we would remind you of our safety plans below to please read. As we’ve asked before, if you’re not with those you live with or sit with each week, please spread out in your rows and let’s be extra sensitive to others and various comfort levels as we gather together.
Please read what the GCBC shepherds ask of those attending our services:
- Please stay home and watch by livestream if you are experiencing symptoms or are at increased risk of becoming sick. Outside seating, and livestream options with places to spread out on campus will also be available for those with health concerns.
- Please plan for seating with distancing (ex: every other row removed) and that restrooms will be limited. We ask you not to crowd in them or common areas and to respect physical distancing considerations as you interact.
- Please watch your kids on campus for the safety of them and others.
- We will provide hand sanitizer and face coverings and signage per CA Guidance.
 Due to close contact in the last 14 days with a positive COVID-19 case, or if you have a fever, flu symptoms, or new loss of taste or smell. If your health is compromised or in doubt or developing symptoms, GCBC encourages you to join us by livestream.
 California Guidance for Houses of Worship asks for social distancing and face coverings when gathering, "when unable to physically distance," etc. It defines the concern for "close contact" as "within six feet for 15 minutes or more." Individuals, and not GCBC, are responsible for following safety guidance. GCBC is not enforcing or guaranteeing the compliance of attendees, who assume their own risk and liability by participating in GCBC activities.