Membership is a radical call to ordinary Christianity – which is, being and doing everything God calls us to be in His Word, in the context of a local church. The assumption of the New Testament is that how your membership to the Universal church expresses itself, is through affectionate attachment to a particular church, in a particular area, using our gifts to encourage one another in Christ, and if possible, for as long as the Lord allows – like a body part to a body (1 Cor 12:12-27), or a brick to a house (1 Pet 2:4-5), or a family member in a family (1 Tim 3:15; 1 Pet 4:17), or a sheep in a flock (John 10:11, 14; Eph 4:11-16; Acts 20:28).
At GCBC, the elders of our church desire to identify and commit to those whom the Lord has placed under their loving spiritual care (Acts 20:28). And so, when a believer joyfully places themselves under the accountability and care of godly leaders and the saints, and the congregation commits to the accountability and encouragement of that believer (cf. Heb. 13:7, 17); all of us seeking to live out the Great Commission as a community of Christ followers; it is this kind of loving commitment to one another and obedience to God that will impact the world for the sake of Christ (John 13:35).
The church is described in the New Testament as a Body (Rom 12; 1 Cor. 12), and as such we belong to one another as parts of a Body do – in loving, affectionate dependence on God, in pursuit of the Great Commission of Christ.
If you desire to treasure Christ with us by partnerng with us in this way, we would love to talk with you. Pick up a membership form at the kiosk at our Sunday services or any time during the week or
Click this link to read and print our GCBC Membership Form
Click here to read the following:
- “WHAT WE BELIEVE” (essentials truth)
- “WHAT WE TEACH” (doctrinal distinctives)
- “PHILOSOPHY OF MINISTRY” (the “Why” and “how” of ministry at GCBC)
- “BY-LAWS” (our church’s constitution, purpose statement, and ministry policies)
You can contact our church office during the week to speak to one of our Pastors at 530.677.4122 | email@example.com
GOLD COUNTRY BAPTIST CHURCH COVENANT COMMITMENTS
Having been led by the Holy Spirit of God to receive Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, and having been baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, I do now in the presence of God, most solemnly and joyfully enter into covenant with other believers of this congregation, as one body in Christ.
I will endeavor, by the aid of the Holy Spirit,
- To walk together in Christian love, and maintain the unity of the believers in the church (John 13:34-35; Ephesians 4:3-6);
- To strive for the advancement of this congregation in knowledge, holiness, and love (Ephesians 4:11-16; 2 Peter 3:18);
- To sustain its worship, ordinances, discipline and doctrines (Acts 2:42, 1 Timothy 4:13);
- To contribute cheerfully and willingly to the support of its ministry as able (2 Corinthians 9:7, Psalm 100:2);
- To walk circumspectly in the world so as to maintain a strong Christian testimony (Ephesians 5:15-21);
- To watch over other believers in brotherly love, through prayer, and giving aid in times of need (Galatians 6:1-10; Philippians 2:1-7; 1 Peter 3:8-9);
- To bring up those in my care in the teaching of the Lord in my family (Ephesians 6:4; Deuteronomy 6:7; Psalm 78:1-6);
- To maintain a clear conscience by seeking forgiveness, and forgiving others according to the teachings of our Lord Jesus (Luke 17:4; Mark 11:25; Matthew 5:23-24, 18:21-35, Ephesians 4:32; Colossians 3:12-15);
- To submit to the leadership of this congregation and be subject to its discipline (Matthew 18:15-18; Hebrews 13:17);
- To not forsake the corporate assembling of myself together with a gathered church even if it becomes necessary to leave this congregation (Hebrews 10:25).