GOLD COUNTRY BAPTIST CHURCH COVENANT COMMITMENTS
Having been led by the Holy Spirit of God to receive Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, and having been baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, I do now in the presence of God, most solemnly and joyfully enter into covenant with other believers of this congregation, as one body in Christ.
I will endeavor, by the aid of the Holy Spirit,
- To walk together in Christian love, and maintain the unity of the believers in the church (John 13:34-35; Ephesians 4:3-6);
- To strive for the advancement of this congregation in knowledge, holiness, and love (Ephesians 4:11-16; 2 Peter 3:18);
- To sustain its worship, ordinances, discipline and doctrines (Acts 2:42, 1 Timothy 4:13);
- To contribute cheerfully and willingly to the support of its ministry as able (2 Corinthians 9:7, Psalm 100:2);
- To walk circumspectly in the world so as to maintain a strong Christian testimony (Ephesians 5:15-21);
- To watch over other believers in brotherly love, through prayer, and giving aid in times of need (Galatians 6:1-10; Philippians 2:1-7; 1 Peter 3:8-9);
- To bring up those in my care in the teaching of the Lord in my family (Ephesians 6:4; Deuteronomy 6:7; Psalm 78:1-6);
- To maintain a clear conscience by seeking forgiveness, and forgiving others according to the teachings of our Lord Jesus (Luke 17:4; Mark 11:25; Matthew 5:23-24, 18:21-35, Ephesians 4:32; Colossians 3:12-15);
- To submit to the leadership of this congregation and be subject to its discipline (Matthew 18:15-18; Hebrews 13:17);
- To not forsake the corporate assembling of myself together with a gathered church even if it becomes necessary to leave this congregation (Hebrews 10:25).